"A Summary of Our Beliefs
at First Baptist Church of Danville"
- We believe that the whole Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and that it is the supreme and final authority in all faith and daily conduct.
- We believe in One God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man; born of a Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit; made atonement for the sins of the world by His death on the cross; rose bodily from the dead; ascended into Heaven; and will return to earth personally and visibly according to His promise.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, give spiritual gifts, comfort, and encourage all those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all men and women are sinners by nature and by choice, BUT that those who receive by faith Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are born again (saved by God's free gift and not by good deeds), are called out of love for God to do good works and to have personal holiness, and are incapable of losing their salvation.
- We believe that the local church is responsible to Christ alone, that it is an autonomous body of believers in Jesus Christ, and that it is to actively preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to sensitively meet the needs of people as He would.
A complete doctrinal statement can be obtained by contacting the church office here